Happy Thanksgiving! We here at SERVPRO of Columbus want to remind our customers that this holiday season is not only about celebrating with family around the dinner table but it's also about watching out for Grease Fires or property damages that can occur while preparing for your holiday meal.
- Rember if you are frying a turkey to keep the fryer away from the home and not under your carport.
- Make sure to have a plan ready in case of an emergency does occur.
- Place the fryer on a level surface, and avoid moving it once it's in use.
- Leave 2 feet between the tank and the burner when using a propane-powered fryer.
- Skip the stuffing when frying turkey, and avoid water-based marinades.
- Keep children and pets away from the fryer at all times.
- Once finished, carefully remove the pot from the burner, place it on a level surface and cover to let the oil cool overnight before disposing of.
Happy Turkey Day from our SERVPRO family to yours.