Strong thunderstorms lead to flash flooding
A lot of people enjoy a good rainstorm. However, some thunderstorms can lead to flash flooding in most areas with heavy rainfall. It's important to know your surroundings and keeping up with local weather alerts.
Below are a few tips to be mindful of during the next storm:
- Flooded Roadways - you should turn around and find another route.
- Sand Bags (keep stock of sand bags to assist with preventing water intrusion)
- Stay Tuned in with your local weather station
- Don't drink the water (make sure to boil water to destroy most types of disease-causing microorganisms).
- Be overprotective
- Keep away from moving water
- Check on your neighbors
- Have emergency plan in place
When the water has resided and its time to start the cleaning process use these tips:
- Get Help (Call SERVPRO of Columbus)
- Wear PPE (disinfection protection)
- Throw away food items that came in contact with the flood water
- Keep an eye out for Scammers
- File an insurance claim
Overwhelmed or drained by the recent events? SERVPRO of Columbus is here to help. Give us a call and our office will assist you with your claim.