Hurricane Season is Approaching!
Hurricane Season is Approaching! Here are some Tips to know:
Number ONE: Stay inside and keep away from all windows, skylights and glass doors. Go to a safe area, such as an interior room, closet or downstairs bathroom. Never go outside the protection of your home or shelter before there is confirmation that the storm has passed the area.
- Never use a wet electrical device.
- If the power is out, use flashlights instead of candles.
- Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Be careful near damaged buildings.
- Stay away from power lines.
- Protect yourself from animals and pests.
- Stay indoors and away from windows.
- Listen to local television or radio for updates.
- Conditions may change quickly; be prepared to evacuate to a shelter or neighbor's home if necessary.