Recent Community Posts
October Awareness Month
SERVPRO of Columbus wanted to bring some awareness to our viewers and let you know that the month of October has Days, Weeks, and Months of awareness that you can take part in.
• National Physical Therapy Month
• American Pharmacists Month
• National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• National Dental Hygiene Month
• National Chiropractic Month
• Residents' Rights Month
Weeks to note:
• Oct. 1 to Oct. 7: National Mental Illness Awareness Week
• Oct. 2 to Oct. 6: National Primary Care Week
• Oct. 8 to Oct. 15: Case Management Week
• Oct. 12 to Oct. 20: Bone and Joint Health Action Week
• Oct. 15 to Oct. 21 National Healthcare Quality Week
• Oct. 16 to Oct. 20: National Health Education Week
• Oct. 22 to Oct. 28: National Respiratory Care Week
Days to note:
• Oct. 5: National Depression Screening Day
• Oct. 10: World Mental Health Day
• Oct 8: World Hospice and Palliative Care Day
• Oct. 13: Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day
• Oct. 15: Global Handwashing Day (member to singing your ABC's)
On a side note, we wanted to also mention that Hurricane season is still upon us and we are working alongside our fellow franchisees to assist in all disaster that comes through our areas.
Wheels o’ Fire w/ Harris County Volunteer Fire Department
Who says firefighters only put out the fire! Come an join them for their annual motorcycle ride.
SERVPRO of Columbus will have a tent set up for the Wheel’s O’ Fire event this Saturday, September 29th, 2018 to show our support for the Harris County Volunteer Fire Department. We are a community that loves to work alongside the Harris County Chamber and their Volunteers. This will be our Second year that we’ve been invited to join the fun. If you’re in the area and looking for something great to be a part of. Then stop by and say Hello to Robyn our SMR.
Interested in riding your Motorcycle? See below on how to sign up.
This exciting event is celebrating its 17th annual ride along. Local riders are encouraged to register online at www.harriscountychamber.org there is a fee, however, proceeds will go to the Harris County Volunteer Fire Department.
Starting point: Piney Grove Baptist Church 20 GA HWY 315 Fortson, GA
Registration starts at 9 AM
We look forward to seeing you there!
Hurricane Preparedness - S. Muscogee
“History teaches that a lack of hurricane preparedness and awareness are common threads among all major hurricane disasters. By knowing your vulnerability and what actions you should take, you can reduce the effects of a hurricane disaster.”
The above quotes are from the website of the National Hurricane Center.
Be Prepared! Plan Ahead.
- Know your evacuation and shelter routes
- Keep your emergency supplies stocked
- Remain alert and updated on local weather changes
- Make plans for pets
- Check with insurance to see if you have Flood Insurance
- Board-up windows/doors if you do leave
Recommended Emergency Supply List
- A three-day supply of bottled water per person
- Non-perishable food (canned, dried, etc.)
- First Aid Kit and any prescription medicines
- Battery-powered radio, extra batteries
- Flashlights, batteries
- Flares, booster cables, tire repair kit, fire extinguisher
- Special items for infants, elderly or disabled family members, pets
- List of emergency phone numbers
- Come back when the city allows
- Enter your home with caution
- Beware of snakes, insects, and animals driven to higher ground by flood waters
- Check electrical breakers
- Take photos of any damages to the property
- Assist your neighbors if possible
SERVPRO of Columbus/S. Muscogee is here to assist you with all remediation or nation disaster needs.