Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Why Us? We will Help with your Insurance Claim!
When you experience an unexpected disaster in your home, you may not know how to handle it. After the shock is over, your first thought is “How am I going to pay for this?”. This is a common question homeowners ask themselves given the high cost of repairing water, fire, mold or trauma damage. Good news for you, our team of professionals is here to help eliminate that concern.
Here at SERVPRO of Columbus, Ga
set ourselves apart from other restoration companies by how well we work with your insurance company. Our dedicated team of professionals understands the insurance industry. From knowing how the claims process works, to getting your claim submitted and your repairs covered. Many of our team members have a background in the insurance industry.
As one of the largest restoration and damage remediation companies in the country, we work with hundreds of insurance companies to help our customers get their claims processed quickly and fairly. Many insurance companies know that SERVPRO handles losses professionally and often recommend us to their policyholders.
SCHOOLS OUT.... Sanitation is IN!
Now that School is out! COVID is still out there! Call our office for a Deep Cleaning and Sanitation for your classrooms, school buses, and sporting complex.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
Carpets and Rugs
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Columbus, GA 706-568-1934
Celebrating 45 Years!
SERVPRO of Columbus, S. Muscogee / Chattahoochee Counties is celebrating 45 years within the Columbus, GA Community!
- We're Faster to any size disaster
- We are Restoration Specialists
- We use Advanced Technology and Techniques
- Entrepreneur Franchise 500: TOP TEN Ranking in 2022
- RANKED Number ONE in the Restoration Industry in 2022
Commercial Restoration Services:
- Facilities Cleaning & Restoration
- Document Restoration Service (pending)
- Bioremediation Services
- Reconstruction Services
- Water Damage Services
- Fire Damage Services
- Contents - Cleaning & Pack Outs
Involvement within the Community!!
- Chamber Events
- Golf Tournaments
- Local School Advertisement & Sponsoring Teams
- Involvement in Third Party Organizations
Our office works along side the Client, Insurance Carrier and Agents office. We are here to assist everyone in their time of disaster. From General Cleaning, Water Damages, and Rebuild. If you have questions about your property loss then give out office a call and we can walk you through the process. No loss to small and no loss to big!
“Like it never even happened.”
Homeowner Tips For Spring
Spring arrives with a warm welcome. For those who’ve been trapped inside their homes to stay out of the cold, now is the time to rediscover the outside world. It’s also time to conduct some home maintenance that will help you avoid big repair bills later on. Start with these 15 tasks to get your home in good shape.
- Inspect your Roof (We can handle these inspections)
- Clean your Gutters
- Clean or Replace HVAC Filters (SERVPRO performs Duct Cleanings)
- Clean dryer vents
- Check the washing machine fill hose
- Clean & Repair screens
- Clean decks, driveways, fences, etc
- Check foundation for cracks
- Repair any cracked or peeling paints/sheetrock (SERVPRO does Construction)
- Vacuum your refrigerator coils
- Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors
- Exterior Lawncare (Trees & overgrown Limbs)
- Check all windows & doors for the seals
- Maintain vegetation around your AC compressor
- Inspect your Water Heater
- Read through your Homeowners Policy
- Make sure to have SERVPRO's number saved in your phone
Getting ready for Spring! We know that Winter is sticking around for 6 more weeks! But it never hurts to get prepared now.
Call SERVPRO of Columbus at 706-568-1934 if you need any assistance.
From the First Call to the Last Hand Shake!
SERVPRO of Columbus, S. Muscogee/Chattahoochee County, prides itself in always making sure the customers and clients are happy with our services and the work that we provide them. During this process our team members understand the stress and concerns that our insureds are going through.
It all starts with the first call that the office staff takes, to scheduling a manager to the property for the initial inspection, then to follow with our crews coming out to perform the services that are needed and finally for our managers and estimators to close out your claims. We train all of our SERVPRO employees to know the importance of great customer service and strive to always do our best!
SERVPRO of Columbus, S. Muscogee/Chattahoochee County has always gone above and beyond to make the loss of your claim less painful and to get your back to your "Like it never even happened," status. From the first call to the Last Hand Shake our teams are here for you!
Call us with your next claim! 706-568-1934
Reviews! We LOVE Reviews!
When you are in search of a local trade what use to be the first thing you would do? If you said searching the Yellow Pages then we are right there with you!
However, now most people have to google or search the world wide web to fine a general trade/contractor. When we do this what is the first thing we look at? The Rating and Reviews!
Our office LOVES feedback from our customers! We encourage all of our clients to leave us reviews on the experience that they had with our company. The good and the bad. There is always room to grow and we are always here to make sure our clients are well taken care of!
So if you've had services performed by our office from emergency services, to general construction, or general cleanings. Leave us a review and help us grow within our community to be the contractors of your choice!
*May click the upper right hand icons to leave reviews on main sites*
Time Falls Back - 2021
Good Morning Columbus! Time has officially fallen back an hour.
Daylight Saving Time concludes at 2 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 7, 2021, when the clock will “fall back” one hour. Days continue to get shorter and Wednesday will be the last day the sun sets later than 6 p.m. until March 11.
Call today to schedule your Holiday carpet cleaning, before your in-laws get to town!
Other services we offer:
- duct cleaning
- carpet cleaning
- area rug cleaning
- COVID-19 spraying
- general house cleaning (deep cleaning walls, ceilings, bathrooms)
- water damages
- fire damages
- smoke damage
- mold removal
- contents cleaning and pack outs
We enjoy working with our community even during the Holiday season you can always count on SERVPRO of Columbus!
Home Inspections - Tip 1
Home inspections are defined as a limited, non-invasive examination of the current condition of a home. Used primarily in real estate transactions, they’re an objective look at the building structure and systems. These inspections give the concerned parties an overall look at the actual residence, and unless noted otherwise, does not cover items such as pools and other outbuildings.
Due to repair costs and safety concerns, structural integrity is usually the main item in question. When dealing with structural issues, small items could be indication of larger problems and should not go unchecked. Some of the top things to look for are:
- Cracked Walls & Chimneys
- Bowed or Bulging Walls
- Uneven Windows & doors
- Sloping, Sagging, or Cracked Floors
- Sagging Roof or Roof Lines
Keep an eye out for our upcoming blog post that will give examples of all of the above.
Call SERVPRO of Columbus, once your inspection is completed if you need any repairs to your home. 706-568-1934
Real Estate & Sale By Owners
Realtors & Seller's did you know that SERVPRO of Columbus can offer services for the following before listing your next property:
In today's real estate market, you can have an edge with a reputation for having quality listings whether it is a commercial or residential listing. You also want the ability to move a sale through quickly to get your commission. Presentation is everything.
SERVPRO of Columbus professionals can assist you in many different ways to make this sale the best! We can assist you in inspecting a crawl space/attic area for mold, water, or biohazard damage and also replace the vapor barrier if needed. We can assist in estate sales in the case of hoarder clean outs with optional inventory itemization and cleaning services.
A SERVPRO of Columbus professional can attend your next sales meeting to discuss how to recognize the potential for mold and what to do in case of a fire or water emergency.
So before you risk the opportunity to close the sale of the property, call SERVPRO of Columbus 706-568-1934.
Celebrating 44 Years
Happy 44th year SERVPRO of Columbus/ S. Muscogee/ Chattahoochee County. We are celebrating our 44th year in the Columbus community.
This is a BIG accomplishment to still be here working along side our customers and other small/family owned businesses.
This business was all started with a dream in mind by Dennis & Melissa Carraway. They wanted to have something that they built with their hands and were able to keep the company within the family.
SERVPRO of Columbus, S. Muscogee/ Chattahoochee is proud to say that our door are still open for all Restoration, Mitigation, General Cleaning, and Reconstruction needs. We are here to assist our fellow neighbors with all of their future claims or projects that may come up.
We look forward for the next 40 years.
Support your family owned businesses.
Veteran Hiring Pledge
Our office is committed in hiring veterans. We are always striving to be a vital part of our community and we want our veterans to be a part of our professional family. Leadership training taught by military is essential for our teamwork and very valuable for our professional growth. In return we offer a clear career path, a healthy working environment, and room for certifications. Anyone interested in applying please go to our website and simply submit your resume. Or you can come to our office and fill out our one page application with your resume. At 140 Gateway Court, Columbus, GA 31909.
Feel free to spread this information along. Call our office to learn about what positions are currently open. 706-568-1934. We look forward to hearing from you.
Holiday Prevention of Fire Tips
For most, the kitchen is the heart of the home, especially during the holidays. From testing family recipes to decorating cakes and cookies, everyone enjoys being part of the preparations. So keeping fire safety top of mind in the kitchen during this joyous but hectic time is important, especially when there’s a lot of activity and people at home. As you start preparing your holiday schedule and organizing that large feast, remember, by following a few simple safety tips you can enjoy time with your loved ones and keep yourself and your family safer from fire.
Thanksgiving is a peak holiday for cooking fires, and the fire department responds to four times the amount of fires compared to every other day. One of the main contributors to this fire increase is leaving the kitchen while food is still cooking. Therefore, leaving the food unattended and able to cause more damage faster. The second leading factor is cooking equipment, so please be sure to make sure you are using the correct cooking utensils.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
Thank you to NFPA for safety tips.
SERVPRO of Columbus wants to be sure you are aware on how to prevent these unfortunate situations, but if a fire were to happen we are there for you 24/7 even on holidays. Of course, always making it "Like it never even happened."
Pick a Company with the Right Certifications
If you’re looking for a one-stop shop, be sure to go with a company that is certified in all areas. Here’s a quick guide to help you familiarize yourself with the various commercial restoration certifications and industry organizations:
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- IICRC - Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
If you just need a company to help with something specific, it’s not always necessary for your provider to be qualified in all areas, but if they are, it only increases the trust factor. It shows that they are as invested in the safety of your property as you are, and you won’t be as likely to have to hire multiple companies for the job to be completed correctly.
SERVPRO of Columbus/ S. Muscogee/Chattahoochee Counties holds these certifications. Give us a call today to work with your next household project.
Plan of Action
As many as 50% of businesses never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. SERVPRO of Columbus/S. Muscogee/Chattahoochee Counties can help you plan ahead for a disaster to minimize business interruption by developing an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business before one strikes. An ERP provides important contact and building information needed to begin a timely mitigation to help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business. Benefits of an ERP include:
- A no cost assessment of your facility which means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
IICRC Certified Firm We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Columbus Georgia is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up to date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops the Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today! (706) 568-1934